Thursday, June 28, 2012

As the Needle Points

I had a fond desire to sit on my back porch and read a book. Having been stopped in my tracks for a few days after minor surgery and reading 6 books, the desire lost a little of its luster. I did, however, realize that I have far too little time to spend just being lazy and enjoying the company of my husband. So, I have reworked my new fondest desire: I would love for someone to buy my shop. I would love to have more time to paint canvases for customers and to teach  more classes. I would love to continue working in the shop a day or two a week, but not have to go home and paint canvases until after the 11 o'clock news every day. If any of you would like to buy a going business, I will entertain any serious offer. The business could be moved anywhere.
Check out our upcoming classes on the link on the website. I will try to get the photos up today.
Doodles is going downhill, but we are staving off the worst. I found that if I take her in for a cortisone shop monthly, the pain in her hip goes away and she will eat. I can tell the day it wears off. Grooming has fallen off her list of "to-do" things, so we try help her with that. She doesn't tolerate it for very long.
As you may have noticed, we have a new member - Megan Doboze. ANG and EGA stitchers know her mother Deb to be one of the finest stitchers around. Megan is a full-time accountant elsewhere but is working here on Saturdays. She is not only an accomplished stitcher - she is learning to finish. Hooray!!! We may be able to get through Christmas without crisis of the proportion of last December.
Tasha is in college at College of Charleston. She has been in and out this summer but will be here for the sale. Linda is back now on Fridays - that helps tremendously - and Randi is here on Wednesdays. I am praying that they all stay healthy - I depend upon them a lot. We'll all be here working through the sale.
Thanks to all of you for your continued patronage and friendship. I really do love my customers and this business. I can't imagine doing anything else for a living. I have met the most wonderful people.
Just in case: Mom has surgery scheduled on Tuesday, July 3rd. K obviously have to be there  - a 92 year old can't go alone to the surgery center. I am not sure if anyone else can work that day. Call before coming just in case.
Have a great summer, stay cool, and keep stitching!
jane

1 comment:

  1. Prayers for a good outcome for your moms surgery. Family is the most important thing in life!

    ReplyDelete